Art and design in children's picture books : an analysis of Caldecott Award-winning illustrations / Lyn Ellen Lacy
New Britain, Main Library - Children's Department
University of Saint Joseph: Pope Pius XII Library - Standard Shelving Location
- xvi, 229 pages ; 24 cm
- Visual literacy, children, and picture books -- Line: Make way for ducklings and Time of wonder -- Color: Drummer Hoff and The rooster crows -- Light and dark: The little house, Where the wild things are, and Jumanji -- Shape: The big snow, White snow bright snow, and The snowy day -- Space: The fool of the world and the flying ship, The funny little woman, and Why mosquitoes buzz in people's ears.
- Includes bibliographies and index.
- Caldecott Medal.
- Illustrated children's books -- Awards.
- Picture books for children -- Awards.
- Book design -- Awards.
- Children's literature, American -- Awards.
- Illustration of books -- Awards.
- Children -- Books and reading.
- 0838904467: $25.00 (est.)