Abuse and victimization across the life span / edited by Martha B. Straus.
University of Saint Joseph: Pope Pius XII Library - Standard Shelving Location
Can be borrowed by USJ patrons only or via ILL
- x, 270 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- The Johns Hopkins series in contemporary medicine and public health
- Johns Hopkins series in contemporary medicine and public health.
- Includes bibliographies and index.
- Introduction : Family violence across the life span / Martha B. Straus -- One. Infancy -- The mother-infant tie : of bonding and abuse / Beverly Birns -- The maltreatment of infants / Howard Dubowitz and Harwood Egan -- Two. Childhood and adolescence - The interpersonal legacy of physical abuse of children / Stephen R. Shirk -- Sexual abuse in the lives of children / Frances Sink -- Abused adolescents / Martha B. Straus -- Three. Adulthood -- How normal is normal development? Some connections between adult development and the roots of abuse and victimization / Alexandra G. Kaplan -- Rape in marriage / David Finkelhor and Kersti Yllo -- Surviving : women's strength through connection / Carolyn F. Swift -- Trauma in men : effects on family life / Bessel A. van der Kolk -- Elder abuse / Terry Fulmer -- Four. Special topics -- Physical victimization across the life span : recognition, ethnicity, and deterrence / Robert L. Hampton -- Special groups at risk of abuse : the disabled / Nora E. Groce -- A framework for understanding and empowering battered women / Susan Schechter with Lisa T. Gary -- The treatment and criminal prosecution of family violence / Richard Bourne.
- Family violence.
- Child Abuse.
- Older people.
- Spouse Abuse.
- Indexed Term
- Families Violence
- Added Author
- Straus, Martha B., 1956-
- 0801836360 alkaline paper
- 0801836379 (pbk. : alk. paper)