Inside picture books / Ellen Handler Spitz
Mansfield, Main Library - Adult Nonfiction
Portland Public Library - Adult Department
University of Saint Joseph: Pope Pius XII Library - Standard Shelving Location
- xxii, 230 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 217-225) and index.
- The author describes how the practice of adults reading to children helps to organize and consolidate the bond of children and their parents.
- Pictures, words, and voices -- It's time for bed -- Please don't cry -- Behave yourself -- I like you just the way you are -- I like you just the way you are -- A glance forward and back
- Children -- Books and reading -- Psychological aspects.
- Picture books for children -- Psychological aspects.
- Reading -- Parent participation.
- 0300076029 alkaline paper
- 9780300076028 alkaline paper