Clean / Palm Pictures, Rectangle Productions, Haystack Productions and Rhombus Media present a France-United Kingdom-Canada co-production an Arte France Cinema co-production in association with The Film Consortium UK Film Council, The Works and Matrix Film Finance LLP., produced with the participation of Telefilm Canada, The Centre National de la Cinematographie, Canal+ and the support of 121 Preparatory Action of the European Community, a film by Olivier Assayas ; produced by Edouard Weil, Niv Fichman and Xavier Marchand ; written and directed by Olivier Assayas
Mansfield, Main Library - Adult Audio Visual
Test Revise El Estante
Southington Library - Adult
Test Revise El Estante
- 1 videodisc (111 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- System Details
- DVD, region 1, widescreen presentation; NTSC.
- Maggie Cheung, Nick Nolte, Jeanne Balibar, Don McKellar, James Dennis, Martha Henry, James Johnston, Remi Martin, Laetitia Spigarelli, Tricky, Beatrice Dalle.
- Director of photography, Eric Gautier ; editor, Luc Barnier ; costume designer, Anais Romand ; production designers, François-Renaud Labarthe, Bill Fleming.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2004.
- MPAA rating: R; for drug content, language and brief nudity.
- Emily Wang is a woman whose past is riddled with drugs and regrets. Her husband, Lee, is found dead in a desolate motel room in Hamilton, Ontario, and Emily is given a six-month jail sentence. The only thing that she desires for the future is a loving relationship with her son Jay, who is being cared for by Lee's parents, Albrecht and Rosemary. While Rosemary blames Emily for Lee's death, Albrecht recognizes the importance of the bond between a mother and her son, and tells Emily that the only way she can have a relationship with Jay is to become clean. Emily battles for a place in a world reluctant to forget the woman she was and unwilling to accept her as the woman she longs to be.
- Special features: Interviews with Maggie Cheung, Nick Nolte, Olivier assayas, Tricky and Metric; US theatrical trailer; Palm previews; Web links.
- Cannes Film Festival, 2004: Best Actress (Maggie Cheung) ; Technical Grand Prize (Eric Gautier).
- Dialogue in English (5.1 Dolby Surround Sound), French (5.1 Dolby Surround Sound) or Cantonese (5.1 Dolby Surround Sound).
- GMD: videorecording.
- Drug addicts -- Rehabilitation -- Drama.
- Mothers and sons -- Drama.
- Children of drug addicts -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Melodrama -- Feature.
- Family -- Feature.
- Дополнительный автор
- Zhang, Manyu.
- Assayas, Olivier.
- Nolte, Nick.
- Balibar, Jeanne, 1968-
- McKellar, Don, 1963-
- Dennis, James (James T.)
- Gautier, Eric, 1961-
- Palm Pictures.
- Standard No.
- Music No.
- PALMDV3137 Palm Pictures