Taxi blues / ASK Eurofilm ; Centre National de la Cinématographie ; Le Sept Cinéma ; Lenfilm Studios ; MK2 Productions ; Ministry of Culture and Communications ; produced by Mark Gekht, Aleksandr Golutva, Pierre Rival ; written by Pavel Lungin ; directed by Pavel Lungin
Bloomfield, Prosser Library - Adult Department
DVD FOREIGN TAXI BLUES
Rocky Hill, Cora J. Belden Library - Foreign Language
- 1 videodisc (110 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- System Details
- DVD; Dolby Digital.
- Title from container.
- Pyotr Mamonov, Pyotr Zaychenko, Vladimir Kashpur, Natalya Kolyakanova.
- Director of photography, Denis Yevstigneyev ; editor, Elizabeth Guido ; music, Vladimir Chekasin.
- Videodisc release of the 1990 motion picture.
- Not rated.
- Ivan is a thick, dour, hard-working brute. He misses Communism. He drives a taxi and one night meets Alexi. Alexi is a musician, an alcoholic, not to mention, irresponsible. Alexi stiffs Ivan for the fare and Ivan decides to track him down and a love-hate relationship ensues. When Alexi lets the bath water run over in Ivan's flat and Ivan must pay 500 rubles for repairs, he tries to force Alexi into day labor to repay him. Suddenly, Alexi is discovered and he goes on a jazz tour of America. He becomes a celebrity and return to Russia a triumph. Ivan longs to renew the friendship, and it looks as if he may get what he wants.
- In Russian with English subtitles.
- GMD: videorecording.
- Taxicab drivers -- Russia -- Drama.
- Musicians -- Russia -- Drama.
- Love-hate relationships -- Russia -- Drama.
- Action and adventure films.
- Feature films.
- Added Author
- Gekht, Mark.
- Golutva, Aleksandr.
- Rival, Pierre, 1953-
- Lungin, Pavel.
- Mamonov, Petr.
- Zaĭchenko, Petr, 1943-
- Kashpur, Vladimir, 1926-2009
- Koli︠a︡kanova, Natalʹi︠a︡, 1955-
- ASK Eurofilm (Firm)
- Centre national de la cinématographie (France)
- Sept Cinéma (Firm)
- MK2 Productions.
- Ministry of Culture and Communications.
- Koch Lorber Films.
- Added Title
- Standard No.
- Music No.
- KLF-DV-3145 Koch Lorber Films