Walden and other writings / by Henry David Thoreau ; edited and with an introduction by Joseph Wood KrutchAvailable online (1 of 1 copies available; 0 on hold)
All Libraries - Shared Downloadable Materials
- Bantam Classic ed.
- 1 online resource (447 pages)
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 445-447).
- A week on the Concord and Merrimack rivers -- Civil disobedience -- Walden -- Life without principle -- The Maine woods -- Cape Cod -- The journal.
- With their call for "simplicity, simplicity, simplicity!", for self-honesty, and for harmony with nature, the writings of Henry David Thoreau are perhaps the most influential philosophical works in all American literature. The selections in this volume represent Thoreau at his best. Included in their entirety are Walden, his indisputable masterpiece, and his two great arguments for nonconformity, Civil disobedience and Life without principle. A lifetime of brilliant observation of nature -- and of himself -- is recorded in selections from A week on the Concord and Merrimack Rivers, Cape Cod, The Maine woods and The journal.
- Thoreau, Henry David, 1817-1862 -- Homes and haunts -- Massachusetts -- Walden Woods.
- Walden Woods (Mass.) -- Social life and customs.
- Wilderness areas -- Massachusetts -- Walden Woods.
- Natural history -- Massachusetts -- Walden Woods.
- Authors, American -- 19th century -- Biography.
- Thoreau, Henry David, 1817-1862.
- Authors, American.
- Manners and customs.
- Natural history.
- Wilderness areas.
- Massachusetts -- Walden Woods.
- Chronological Term
- Electronic books.
- Added Author
- Krutch, Joseph Wood, 1893-1970.
- Other Form:
- Print version: 9780553212464 (OCoLC)192018832
- 9780553900774 (electronic bk.)
- 0553900773 (electronic bk.)