Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch stole Christmas / Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment present a Brian Grazer production ; produced by Brain Grazer ; screenplay by Jeffrey Price & Peter S. Seaman ; directed by Ron Howard
Windsor Locks Public Library - Adult Department
J DVD HOW
- 1 videodisc (105 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- System Details
- DVD, Dolby Digital 5.1, widescreen (1.85:1), 480i/p standard definition.
- Jim Carrey, Jeffrey Tambor, Christine Baranski, Molly Shannon.
- Narrator, Anthony Hopkins.
- Director of photography, Don Peterman ; editors, Dan Hanley, Mike Hill ; music composer, James Horner.
- Based on the book by Dr. Seuss.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2000.
- MPAA rating: PG; for some crude humor.
- The Grinch was rejected by the Who's as a child and has been living in spiteful seculsion for most of his life. He has always hated the citizens of Whoville. That especially goes for Christmas with the Who's noise, phony sentiment and wasteful materialism. When little Cindy Lou Who attempts to transcend the festivities' empty commercialism by inviting the Grinch ends with his public humiliation, the Grinch hatches upon on his supreme scheme to ruin the holidays.
- Bonus material: Enhanced commentary with director Ron Howard ; Whobilation 1000 games ; More Wholiday recipes ; Wendy's PSA.
- Originally issued as part of Blu-ray combo pack.
- DVD: English (DTS-HD 5.1, DTS 5.1, DVS 2.0), dubbed French (DTS 5.1) dialogue, Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- GMD: videorecording.
- Grinch (Fictitious character) -- Drama.
- Rejection (Psychology) -- Drama.
- Christmas plays.
- Christmas decorations -- Drama.
- Humiliation -- Drama.
- Grinch (Personaje literario) -- Teatro.
- Navidad -- Teatro.
- Fantasy films.
- Christmas films.
- Action and adventure films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Feature films.
- Added Author
- Grazer, Brian, 1953-
- Price, Jeffrey.
- Seaman, Peter S.
- Howard, Ron, 1954-
- Carrey, Jim, 1962-
- Tambor, Jeffrey, 1944-
- Baranski, Christine.
- Shannon, Molly, 1964-
- Hopkins, Anthony, 1937-
- Horner, James.
- Seuss, Dr. How the Grinch stole Christmas.
- Universal Pictures (Firm)
- Imagine Entertainment (Firm)
- Universal Studios Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Added Title
- How the Grinch stole Christmas
- Standard No.