Elizabeth is missing / Emma Healey.
All Libraries - Shared Downloadable Materials
New Britain - Downloadable Materials
West Hartford - Downloadable Materials
- Electronic reproduction. New York : HarperCollins e-books, 2014. Requires Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 494 KB) or Amazon Kindle (file size: N/A KB).
- In this darkly riveting debut novel--a sophisticated psychological mystery that is also an heartbreakingly honest meditation on memory, identity, and aging--an elderly woman descending into dementia embarks on a desperate quest to find the best friend she believes has disappeared, and her search for the truth will go back decades and have shattering consequences.Maud, an aging grandmother, is slowly losing her memory--and her grip on everyday life. Yet she refuses to forget her best friend Elizabeth, whom she is convinced is missing and in terrible danger.But no one will listen to Maud--not her frustrated daughter, Helen, not her caretakers, not the police, and especially not Elizabeth's mercurial son, Peter. Armed with handwritten notes she leaves for herself and an overwhelming feeling that Elizabeth needs her help, Maud resolves to discover the truth and save her beloved friend.This singular obsession forms a cornerstone of Maud's rapidly dissolving...
- GMD: electronic resource.
- Missing persons -- Fiction.
- Older women -- Fiction.
- Dementia -- Fiction.
- Other Form:
- Original 9780062309662
- 9780062309709 electronic bk