Love, nina : A Nanny Writes Home / Nina Stibbe
Cheshire - Downloadable Materials
- Electronic reproduction. New York : Little, Brown and Company, 2014. Requires Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 548 KB) or Amazon Kindle (file size: N/A KB) or OverDrive Read (file size: N/A KB).
- The delightful letters home from a London nanny living in the midst of an unconventional family.In 1982, 20-year-old Nina Stibbe moved from a small English town to London, where she took a job as nanny to two opinionated and lively boys, aged 9 and 10. Stibbe wrote letters home to her sister describing her trials and triumphs as the family's nanny: there's a cat nobody likes, a visiting dog called Ted Hughes (Ted for short), and dinnertime visits from a famous local playwright. Not to mention the two boys (and their favourite football teams and rude words), a very broad-minded mother (editor of the London Review of Books), and repeated misadventures parking the family car.From the mystery of the unpaid milk bill and the avoidance of nuclear war to mealtime discussions on sexually transmitted diseases and the greats of English literature, Love, Nina is a wonderful celebration of bad food, good company, and the relative merits of Hardy and...
- GMD: electronic resource.
- Electronic books.
- Biography & Autobiography.
- Family & Relationships.
- Other Form:
- Original 9780316243391
- 9780316365352 (electronic bk)