IPad in education for dummies / by Sam GliksmanContributor biographical information Publisher description Table of contents only
Glastonbury, Welles-Turner Memorial Library - Adult Department
- Second edition.
- x, 420 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- For Dummies
- --For dummies.
- Includes index.
- Education in the 21st century -- Getting acquainted with iPad technology -- Managing the iPad classroom -- Tap dancing with your iPad's apps -- Purchasing and downloading apps -- Finding and organizing content -- Social networking and sharing -- Reading on the iPad -- Creating, editing, and annotating documents -- Becoming a digital author -- The mathematical and scientific iPad -- Using assistive technologies -- Digital storytelling in education -- Lights, camera, learning -- Animating your lessons -- Speaking your mind with podcasts -- Directing your own screencasts -- Releasing your inner artist -- Creating effective classroom workflows -- Presenting with impact -- Developing digital portfolios -- Quizzing students with Socrative -- Ten essential apps for the educator -- Ten keys to a successful iPad implementation -- Appendix: modeling the iPad classroom.
- For kids, the iPad is a canvas--and given the freedom to explore and express themselves, students can be wonderfully creative and imaginative with technology. This handy guide serves as a roadmap for the iPad's use as an educational tool, giving you everything you need to deploy this ultra-cool device across all curricula and grade levels.
- Mobile communication systems in education -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- iPad (Computer) -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Handbooks and manuals.
- iPad (Computer)
- Mobile communication systems in education.