Evidence based nursing : the research--practice connection / Sarah Jo Brown.
University of Saint Joseph: Pope Pius XII Library - Internet
WORLD WIDE WEB E-BOOK R2
- Fourth edition.
- 1 online resource.
- Part I Nursing Research; Chapter 1 The Research-Practice Connection; Research to Practice; Clinical Care Protocols; Evidence; Evidence-Based Practice; Short History of Evidence-Based Nursing Practice; Your Path to Evidence-Based Practice; References; Chapter 2 Research Evidence; Building Knowledge for Practice; Findings from an Original Study; Conclusions of a Systematic Review; Recommendations of an Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guideline; Going Forward; References; Chapter 3 Reading Research Articles; Starting Point
- Format of Study Reports; Reading Approach; Wading In; References; Chapter 4 Qualitative Research; Research Traditions; Qualitative Description; Uniqueness of Qualitative Studies; Exemplar; Profile & Commentary; References; Chapter 5 Quantitative Descriptive Research; Methods; Study Variables; Good Data; Extraneous Variables; Target Population and Sampling; Surveys; Results; Exemplar; Profile & Commentary; References; Chapter 6 Correlational Research; Defining Relationship; Measuring a Relationship; Correlational Design; Profile & Commentary; References; Chapter 7 Experimental Research
- Chapter Map; Section 1: Experimental Methods; Key Features of Experimental Studies; Measurement of the Outcome Variables; Limitations of Randomized Experiments; Quasi-Experimental Designs; Exemplar; Profile & Commentary: Why and How; Section 2: Study Results; More Effective?; Outcome Reported as a Mean; Attainment of an Outcome; Both Perspectives; Opinion Regarding Reporting of Outcomes; Exemplar; Profile & Commentary: Results; References; Chapter 8 Cohort Research; Design; Data Analysis and Results; Confounding; Other Limitations; Case-Control Studies; Wrap-Up; Exemplar; Profile & Commentary
- References; Chapter 9 Systematic Reviews; Types of Systematic Reviews; Close and Distant Relatives of SRwNS; The SR Production Process; Use of SRwNS; Umbrella SRs; Exemplar; Profile & Commentary; References; Chapter 10 Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines; Forerunners to Care Protocols; EbCPG Production; Guideline Formats; Comorbidity; Guideline Producers; Profile & Commentary; References; Part II Evidence-Based Practice; Chapter 11 Asking Clinical Questions; Triggers; Questions Not Answerable by Research Evidence; Forming a Useful Project Question; References.
- Chapter 12 Searching for Research Evidence; Health Science Databases; Nonprofit, International Organizations; Professional Specialty Organizations; Wrap-Up; Chapter 13 Appraising Research Evidence; Appraisal Systems; Appraisal in General; Practical Considerations; Already Appraised Evidence; Resources; Chapter 14 Appraising Recommendations of Clinical Practice Guidelines; Synopsis; Credibility; Clinical Significance; Applicability; Appraisal Guide Format; Your Turn; References; Chapter 15 Appraising Conclusions of Systematic Reviews with Narrative Synthesis; Synopsis; Credibility
- Clinical Significance.
- Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on December 13, 2016).
- Evidence-Based Nursing: The Research-Practice Connection, Fourth Edition introduces students to research methods and evidence-based practice. The text helps students understand research methods, how to appraise and use research evidence in clinical decision-making, and how to fully understand and engage in evidence-based practice. By linking evidence-based practice to recent research in safety and quality programs, it provides timely information in both healthcare and nursing settings. -- Provided by publisher.
- Evidence-based nursing.
- Evidence-based nursing.
- Evidence-Based Nursing.
- Other Form:
- Print version: Brown, Sarah Jo Evidence-Based Nursing Burlington : Jones & Bartlett Learning,c2016 9781284099447
- 9781284099447 electronic book
- 128409944X electronic book