Rocky Hill - Downloadable Materials
- 1 online resource (113 pages)
- Production Notes; Cast of Characters; Production History; Acknowledgements; DRAMA: Pilot Episode; Act One; Act Two; Special Thanks; About the Author.
- Written by a Second City alum, this genre-bending, multi-character comic play is part graphic novel, part Japanese horror film.
- Print version record.
- Dr. Penelope Douglas is an ex-forensic psychiatrist looking for a fresh start in a styling western boomtown, but on her first day practicing in her boutique suite, a young television writer hangs himself in her subway-tiled bathroom. A dissection of contemporary television drama through the eyes of the dead writer reveals to Penelope an unsettling connection between the forty-four-minute television hour and the disintegration of the human soul. But it isn't until Penelope's oil wife friend pronounces Penelope her unborn baby's spiritual godmother that Dr. Douglas takes the dive into the uncharted waters of her own unconscious to break the spell that has the frontier in its filthy grip. Will Dr. Douglas be able to find heart in this wild new landscape? Will she have to smudge her lipstick to 'cowboy up'? Drama, the long-awaited new play by the master of edgy dark humor, has all the answers.
- Forensic psychiatrists -- Drama.
- FICTION -- General.
- Forensic psychiatrists.
- Otro formato:
- Print version: Hines, Karen. Drama. New York : Coach House Books, ©2012 9781552452561
- 9781770563094 (electronic bk.)
- 1770563091 (electronic bk.)