Why news matters / by Duchess Harris, JD, PhD
Manchester, Main Library - Children's Department
J 302.23 HARRIS
- 48 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm.
- News literacy
- Harris, Duchess. News literacy.
- Includes bibliographical references (page 46) and index.
- The power of one news story -- What is the news? -- Pioneering reports -- Searching for truth today.
- "The news media and its role in society are topics of conversation and debate in today's world. News Literacy looks inside newsrooms, exploring key moments in the history of journalism and explaining how today's journalists work. Examine how news is presented, and learn how advertising, online algorithms, and other modern trends affect the way we experience news. Investigate the phenomenon of 'fake news,' and discover the tools that can be used to determine which news sources are credible." -- Back cover.
- Mass media and public opinion -- United States -- Juvenile literature.
- American newspapers -- History -- Juvenile literature.
- Values -- Juvenile literature.
- American newspapers.
- Mass media and public opinion.
- United States.
- Juvenile works.
- 9781532113918 (hardcover)
- 1532113919 (hardcover)