I dream in another language
Bloomfield - Downloadable Materials
Simsbury - Downloadable Materials
Windsor - Downloadable Materials
- 1 online resource (streaming video file) (103 minutes): digital, .flv file, sound
- Playing Time
- video file MPEG-4 Flash
- Title from title frames.
- Originally produced by FilmRise in 2017.
- Winner of the Sundance Film Festival Audience Award for World Cinema/Dramatic, and nominated for the Grand Jury Prize in World Cinema, I DREAM IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE follows a young linguist into the jungles of Mexico as he tries to learn about and preserve a mysterious indigenous language. A language, as he discovers, at the point of disappearing since the last two speakers had a fight fifty years ago and refuse to speak a word with each other. Trying to bring the two old friends back together, he discovers that hidden in the past, in the heart of the jungle, lies a secret concealed by the language that makes it difficult to believe that the heart of Zikril will beat once again.
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Extinct languages -- Drama.
- Indigenous peoples -- Languages -- Drama.
- Friendship -- Mexico -- Drama.
- Jungles -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Added Author
- Contreras, Ernesto, 1969-
- Meléndez, Eligio, 1950-
- Álvarez Rebeil, Fernando, 1987-
- Pincelis, Manuel,
- FilmRise (Firm)
- Kanopy (Firm)
- Music No.
- 2270810 Kanopy