Stefan Zweig : farewell to Europe
Bloomfield - Downloadable Materials
Windsor - Downloadable Materials
- 1 online resource (streaming video file) (106 minutes): digital, .flv file, sound
- Playing Time
- video file MPEG-4 Flash
- Title from title frames.
- Originally produced by First Run Features in 2016.
- This emotionally powerful film explores the painful dilemma of whether to speak out or remain silent in the face of tyranny. It tells the story of Austrian writer Stefan Zweig and his life in exile from 1936 to 1942. Zweig was one of the most famous writers of his time, but as a Jewish intellectual he struggled to find the right stance towards the events in Nazi Germany. Driven to emigrate to South America at the peak of his worldwide fame, Zweig fell into despair at the sight of Europe's downfall.
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Zweig, Stefan, 1881-1942 -- Exile -- Austria -- Drama.
- Zweig, Stefan, 1881-1942.
- Authors, Austrian -- Biography -- Drama.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Drama.
- Authors, Austrian.
- Exile (Punishment)
- Feature films.
- Added Author
- Schrader, Maria, 1965-
- Sukowa, Barbara, 1950-
- Pérez Biscayart, Nahuel,
- Tómas Lemarquis, 1977-
- First-Run Features (Firm)
- Kanopy (Firm)
- Music No.
- 2493003 Kanopy