Love that moves the sun : Vittoria Colonna and Michelangelo Buonarroti : a novel / Linda Cardillo
Avon Free Public Library - Adult Department
F CARDILLO, L.
Enfield, Main Library - Adult Department
- 524 pages ; 21 cm
- Includes bibliographical references.
- A work of historical fiction set in turbulent 16th-century Italy. Vittoria Colonna ignites the spirit of Michelangelo with love's profound terror and fierce beauty. He was the genius of his age; revered sculptor, painter, architect and poet; fiercely devoted friend; beleaguered artist to the popes; and a pilgrim in search of an elusive redemption. She was a celebrated poet; dutiful daughter; adoring yet betrayed wife; powerful political voice; spiritual seeker; suspected heretic; and the only women Michelangelo ever loved.
- Colonna, Vittoria, 1492-1547 -- Fiction.
- Buonarroti, Michelangelo, 1568-1646 -- Fiction.
- Man-woman relationships -- Fiction.
- European fiction -- Renaissance, 1450-1600.
- Nobility -- Fiction.
- Italy -- Fiction.
- Historical fiction.
- Romance fiction.