Seaweed chronicles : a world at the water's edge / Susan Hand Shetterly
Cheshire - Downloadable Materials
- 1 online resource (7 hr., 20 min.)
- digital rda
- data file rda
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Requires RBdigital Media Manager.
- System requirements: 200 MB of free disk space, 512 MB of RAM, Windows Installer 3.1, Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64), Windows Media Player 10 QA.
- Downloadable audio file.
- Title from title screen.
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Narrated by Laural Merlington.
- Downloadable applications available for access via iOS 4.0+ devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and Android 2.1+ devices.
- Glimpse the wonders of a hidden world. An ancient, and vital, part of nature's ecosystem, seaweed is now emerging as an increasingly important source of food in a world faced with diminishing natural resources. In Seaweed Chronicles, acclaimed nature writer Susan Hand Shetterly opens a window into the world of this fascinating organism by providing an elegant, often poetic look at life on the rugged shore of the Gulf of Maine. Shetterly offers a close look at the life cycle of seaweed, and introduces us to the men and women who farm and harvest it-and their increasingly difficult task of protecting this critical natural resource against forces both natural and man-made. Ideal for fans of such books as The Hidden Life of Trees and How to Read Water, Seaweed Chronicles is a beautiful tribute to a little-known part of our country and a significant contribution to our understanding of our natural habitat.
- SCIENCE / Life Sciences / Marine Biology.
- Added Author
- Merlington, Laural.
- HighBridge Audio (Firm)
- Music No.
- Z100109067 Recorded Books