Home to the Nechako : the river and the land / June Wood
All Libraries - Shared Downloadable Materials
EBSCO Ebook MAS Ref
University of Saint Joseph: Pope Pius XII Library - Internet
WORLD WIDE WEB E-BOOK EBSCO
- 1 online resource
- desLibris. Books collection.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Intro; Contents; Foreword; Preface; 1: The Upper Nechako Watershed; 2: Death of a River; 3: The Fight to Save our Rivers; 4: A Healthier Nechako River?; 5: Power Versus an Endangered Species; 6: A Sea of Red; 7: What To Do With the Dead Pine?; 8: Home to the Nechako; 9: The River and the Land Today; Epilogue: Coming Full Circle; Appendix; Endnotes; Sources; Index; Acknowledgements; About the Author.
- The people of the Nechako region are not unfamiliar with hardship, environmental devastation and protecting what they hold dear. June Wood chronicles the history of the Nechako River and its region, covering the construction of the Kenney Dam, which changed forever the flow of the river and its tributaries; the controversial Kemano Completion Project, which threatened to doom the river further still; and the subsequent battles to protect the river and the communities affected by its altered flow. She also delves into the aftermath of the devastating mountain pine beetle epidemic that severely harmed the economy of the region.
- Local Note
- eBooks on EBSCOhost EBSCO eBook Subscription MAS Reference Collection
- Nechako River (B.C.) -- History.
- Nechako River (B.C.) -- Power utilization -- Environmental aspects -- History.
- Nechako River Region (B.C.) -- History.
- Nechako River Region (B.C.) -- Environmental conditions -- History.
- Nechako River Region (B.C.) -- Economic conditions -- History.
- HISTORY -- Canada -- General.
- Economic history.
- Water-power -- Environmental aspects.
- British Columbia -- Nechako River.
- British Columbia -- Nechako River Region.
- Indexed Term
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / General
- NATURE / Environmental Conservation & Protection
- Other Form:
- Print version: 9781927527139
- 9781927527153 (electronic book)
- 1927527155 (electronic book)