Girls to the front : the true story of the riot grrrl revolution / Sara Marcus
Cheshire - Downloadable Materials
- 1 online resource
- digital rda
- data file rda
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Requires RBdigital Media Manager.
- System requirements: 200 MB of free disk space, 512 MB of RAM, Windows Installer 3.1, Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64), Windows Media Player 10 QA.
- Downloadable audio file.
- Title from title screen.
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Narrated by Julie McKay.
- Downloadable applications available for access via iOS 4.0+ devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and Android 2.1+ devices.
- Girls to the Front is the epic, definitive history of the Riot Grrrl movement: the radical feminist punk uprising that exploded into the public eye in the 1990s, altering America's gender landscape-and soundscape-forever. Author Sara Marcus, a cultural historian and critic who's written for Rolling Stone, the New Republic, the Los Angeles Times, and The Nation, interweaves research, interviews, and her own memories as a Riot Grrrl front-liner. Her passionate, sophisticated narrative brilliantly conveys the stories of punk bands like Bikini Kill, Bratmobile, and Heavens to Betsy-whose successors include Sleater-Kinney, Partyline, and Kathleen Hanna's Le Tigre-as well as the legions of young feminists who listened up, became inspired, and made their own revolution.
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / General.
- Added Author
- McKay, Julie, 1968-
- Tantor Media.
- Music No.
- Z100127419 Recorded Books