Sisters of heart and snow / Margaret Dilloway
Cheshire - Downloadable Materials
- 1 online resource (13 hr., 50 min.)
- digital rda
- data file rda
- Datos sistema
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Requires OneClick Digital Media Manager.
- System requirements: 200 MB of free disk space, 512 MB of RAM, Windows Installer 3.1, Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64), Windows Media Player 10 QA.
- Downloadable audio file.
- Title from title screen.
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Narrated by Tandy Cronyn, Amanda Cobb, and Meredith Orlow.
- Downloadable applications available for access via iOS 4.0+ devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and Android 2.1+ devices.
- Rachel and Drew Snow may be sisters, but their lives have followed completely different paths.Married to a wonderful man and is a mother to two strong-minded teens, Rachel hasn't returned to her childhood home since being kicked out by her strict father after an act of careless teenage rebellion. Drew, her younger sister, followed her passion for music but takes side jobs to make ends meet and longs for the stability that has always eluded her. Both sisters recall how close they were, but the distance between them seems more than they can bridge. When their deferential Japanese mother, Haruki, is diagnosed with dementia and gives Rachel power of attorney, Rachel's domineering father, Killian becomes enraged. In a rare moment of lucidity, Haruki asks Rachel for a book in her sewing room, and Rachel enlists her sister's help in the search. The book- which tells the tale of real-life female samurai Tomoe Gozen, an epic saga of love, loss, and conflict during twelfth-century Japan'reveals truths about Drew and Rachel's relationship that resonate across the centuries, connecting them in ways that turn their differences into assets.
- FICTION / Contemporary Women.
- Otro Autor
- Orlow, Meredith. Narrator.
- Cobb, Amanda. Narrator.
- Cronyn, Tandy. Narrator.
- Recorded Books, Inc.
- Nº Música
- Z09297 Recorded Books