Things we didn't talk about when I was a girl : a memoir / by Jeannie Vanasco
New Britain, Main Library - Audio-Visual Materials
CDBOOK 92 VANASCO, JEA
- 6 audio discs (approximately 7 hr., 15 min.) : CD audio, digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Playing Time
- digital rdatr
- optical rdarm
- audio file rdaft
- CD audio
- Title from container.
- Performed by Amy McFadden and Andrew Karst.
- Compact discs.
- Jeannie Vanasco has had the same nightmare since she was a teenager. It is always about him: one of her closest high school friends, a boy named Mark. A boy who raped her. When her nightmares worsen, Jeannie decides to reach out to Mark. He agrees to talk on the record and meet in person. Jeannie details her friendship with Mark before and after the assault, asking the brave and urgent question: Is it possible for a good person to commit a terrible act? She interviews Mark, exploring how rape has impacted his life as well as her own. She examines the language surrounding sexual assault and pushes against its confines, contributing to and deepening the #MeToo discussion. Part memoir and part true crime record, a recounting and reckoning that will inspire listeners to ask harder questions and interrogate their biases. Jeannie Vanasco examines and dismantles long-held myths of victimhood, discovering grace and power in this genre-bending investigation into the trauma of sexual violence.
- Vanasco, Jeannie.
- Rape -- United States -- Biography.
- Sex crimes -- United States -- Biography.
- Rape victims -- United States -- Biography.
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Personal Memoirs.
- Rape victims.
- Sex crimes.
- United States.
- True crime stories.
- Added Author
- McFadden, Amy (Narrator),
- Karst, Andrew,
- Added Title
- Things we did not talk about when I was a girl
- Standard No.