Separated by the border : a birth mother, a foster mother, and a migrant child's 3,000-mile journey / Gena Thomas ; forword by Michelle Ferrigno Warren1 hold on first copy returned of 2 copies
New Britain, Main Library - New Materials
Newington, Lucy Robbins Welles Library - Adult Department
- 209 pages ; 21 cm
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Honduras -- Emigración -- Expatriation -- Mexico -- Río Bravo -- Rio Grande -- United State -- Unaccompanied Minor -- Dependent Children -- Foster Daughter -- ¿Quién Es Usted a Mí? (Who Are You to Me?) -- Honduras -- Reunification/Reunificación -- Reflections -- Dear Julia.
- "Gena Thomas tells the story of five-year-old Julia, whose harrowing journey with her mother from Honduras to the United States took her from cargo trailer to detention center to foster care. Weaving together the stories of birth mother and foster mother, this book shows the human face of the immigrant and refugee, the challenges of the immigration and foster care systems, and the tenacious power of motherly love"-- Provided by publisher.
- Thomas, Gena, 1984-
- Foster mothers -- United States -- Biography.
- Hondurans -- United States -- Biography.
- Immigrants -- Family relationships -- United States.
- Immigrants -- Family relationships -- Honduras.
- Unaccompanied immigrant children -- United States -- Biography.
- Honduras -- Emigration and immigration -- Social aspects.
- United States -- Emigration and immigration -- Social aspects.
- United States -- Emigration and immigration -- Government policy.
- Immigrant children -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States.
- Emigration and immigration -- Government policy.
- Emigration and immigration -- Social aspects.
- Foster mothers.
- Immigrants -- Family relationships.
- Unaccompanied immigrant children.
- United States.
- Added Author
- Warren, Michelle Ferrigno, 1971-
- Added Title
- Birth mother, a foster mother, and a migrant child's 3,000-mile journey
- Other Form:
- Online version: Thomas, Gena, 1984- Separated by the border Downers Grove, Illinois : IVP,  9780830857906 (DLC) 2019028741
- 9780830845750 paperback
- 0830845755 paperback
- 9780830857906 electronic book