100 hikes of a lifetime : the world's ultimate scenic trails / Kate Siber ; foreword by Andrew Skurka2 holds on first copy returned of 3 copies
Glastonbury, Welles-Turner Memorial Library - New Materials
Mansfield, Main Library - Adult New Nonfiction
DUE 07-20-20 +1 HOLD
New Britain, Main Library - New Materials
- 398 pages ; 23 cm
- Includes index.
- Foreword / by Andrew Skurka -- Introduction -- The essential gear guide -- Part 1. North America -- Part 2. South America -- Part 3. Europe -- Part 4. Africa -- Part 5. Asia -- Part 6. Oceania, Australia, & Antarctica.
- Filled with beautiful National Geographic photography, wisdom from expert hikers like Andrew Skurka, need-to-know travel information, and practical wildlife-spotting tips, this inspirational guide offers the planet's best experiences for hikers and sightseers. From short day hikes--California's Sierra High Route, Lake Agnes Teahouse in Alberta, Norway's Mt. Skala--to multiday excursions like Mt. Meru in Tanzania and multi-week treks (Egypt's Sinai Trail, Bhutan's Snowman Trek, and the Bibbulum Track in Australia), you'll find a hike that matches your interests and skill level. Crossing all continents and climates (from the jungles of Costa Rica to the ice fields in Alaska's Kenai Fjords National Parks), as well as experiences (a wine route through Switzerland or moose spotting on the Teton Crest Trail in Wyoming,) there is a trail for everyone in these pages. So pack your gear and lace your boots: this comprehensive and innovative guide will lead you to experience the best hikes of your life!
- Hiking -- Guidebooks.
- Day hiking -- Guidebooks.
- Walking -- Guidebooks.
- Backpacking -- Guidebooks.
- Trails -- Guidebooks.
- Day hiking.
- Added Title
- One hundred hikes of a lifetime
- Hundred hikes of a lifetime
- 9781426220951 (Hardback)
- 1426220952 (Hardback)