Everywhere you don't belong : a novel / Gabriel Bump1 hold on first copy returned of 2 copies
East Hartford, Raymond Library - Adult New Materials
F BUMP GABRIEL
Windsor, Wilson Branch - New Materials
- First paperback edition.
- 270 pages ; 21 cm
- "Claude just wants a place where he can fit. As a young black man born on the South Side of Chicago, he is raised by his civil rights-era grandmother, who tries to shape him into a principled actor for change; yet when riots consume his neighborhood, he hesitates to take sides, unwilling to let race define his life. He decides to escape Chicago for another place, to go to college, to find a new identity, to leave the pressure cooker of his hometown behind. But as he discovers, he cannot; there is no safe haven for a young black man in this time and place called America."--Provided by publisher.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- Police shootings -- Fiction.
- Grandparent and child -- Fiction.
- Riots -- Illinois -- Chicago -- Fiction.
- South Side (Chicago, Ill.) -- Fiction.
- Added Title
- Everywhere you do not belong
- 9781643750859 (paperback)
- 1643750852 (paperback)