The matchmaker novels : Books #1-3 / Rexanne Becnel.
Farmington - Downloadable Materials
Newington - Downloadable Materials
Rocky Hill - Downloadable Materials
- 1 online resource
- text file rda
- Digital content provided by hoopla.
- The Matchmaker, The Troublemaker, and The Bridemaker The first three entries in a Regency romance series featuring a heroine with a knack for finding the right man, just not for herself. After three years in London society, Olivia has extensive notes on every bachelor she's met, and although she hasn't landed a husband yet, she's helped several young women find the perfect match . . . The Matchmaker Since returning from the war, Lord Neville Hawke satisfies his needs with spirits and women. His charms, however, are lost on a well-bred lady like Olivia. After their disastrous meeting, she wants nothing to do with him. Neville, on the other hand, feels something he has not felt in a long time. Olivia makes the darkest days of his past feel a bit more bearable. But since Olivia has made up her mind on Neville and he is not in the market for a wife, it would take a miracle for them to get together-or for just a kiss. The Troublemaker The parents of a troublesome beauty send her off to the Scottish countryside to keep her out of trouble. When she discovers her chaperone is not home, she vows to show her family she can be a good girl on her own. But the arrival of a handsome American in search of justice and revenge might stir up some trouble. The Bridemaker A straitlaced schoolmarm, Mrs. Hester Poitevant runs a successful academy for girls. Yet no one knows that underneath the guise of a stuffy widow, she's secretly a beautiful young woman. But when she's forced to stop rakish businessman Adrian Hawke from seducing one of her students, she falls victim to his charms. Now the clever rogue is intrigued by Hester and is determined to uncover what she's hiding, in more ways than one. Perfect for fans of Bridgerton. Praise for the Matchmaker series "If you like your heroes dark and flawed, then run, don't walk, to buy The Matchmaker. . . . Becnel gives us true insight into the human spirit and does not stint on creating the ideal atmosphere and recreating the era to near perfection. A powerful love story and a thinking reader's book." -RT Book Reviews on The Matchmaker"With this sparkling romance between a highly regarded widow and a thoroughly charming rake, Becnel . . . breathes life into the rigid Regency-era romance genre. . . . Hester's spirited personality and Adrian's devil-may-care attitude will appeal to a broad readership. Playful in tone and rich in character, this book is fun, breezy entertainment." -Publishers Weekly on The Bridemaker
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Historical -- Regency.
- Electronic books.
- Added Title
- hoopla (Digital media service)
- 9781504084147 (electronic book)
- 1504084144 (electronic book)
- Music No.